Friday, October 3, 2008

So Thankful for Friends and Family Who Care...

Before TJ's frightening illness last week, I was thinking how sad I was to not have mom here to tell about Jade's early delivery of him. I don't know if that makes sense, but I wanted to have her counsel and comfort. Then when TJ became so sick, I was in a fog. Like on movies when everything zones out and all you see is the main character's tunnel vision, I was in that tunnel but wasn't the main character.

Lacy, Renee, Tammy, Kim, Misty, Lisa, Trish, Jessica, Rosalie, ward members and my co-workers at CVMC helped me to endure such a hard time. Without having Joey right by my side, I was afraid and yet wanted to be strong for Jade, Tim, and TJ. I am so thankful for all the talks of encouragement that I had with each of you. Between that, and Joey's love and concern over the phone, I have made it through one of those awful, rough points of my life. I don't know what hardships will be required of any of us in the time we have left here on earth, but I know we are each better people because of the love our family and friends share with us. I cannot thank-you enough.

Love,
**Wendy

5 comments:

BJ Scott said...

You are such a dear sweet strong woman... stronger than you ever give yourself credit with. You build me up each time we visit with a joy of life that you have infused into each of your remarkable children. That is a gift that is worth much... plus Joey and your faithfulness has given strength where much is needed. I love you and yours and so wish I could do more. Know that you are in my prayers and thoughts throughout the duration of this trial.
Your loving Sister,
Kimberly

Unknown said...

Aunt Wendy! I haven't felt forgotten you silly lady! I love you all so much and miss you dearly and wish I could be there. I have really felt close to all of you these past weeks as I've prayed for everyone. I can't wait to see everyone and will keep you all in my prayers as usual. All my love!!

Jeni said...

AUNT WENDY!!! Hey, I've got a blog.. and I'm kind of back in America and all. I love you!
Jeni

The Smiths said...

ok so it has been a month. You are back from Hawaii - get back to blogging. It isn't like you are busy or anything!!

Love ya sis, Renee

The Smiths said...

You are awesome, you need to hang in there and give yourself a break. You are a great mom and there when she needs you. These kind of things are why we have family - nobody can do it alone.

Love ya lots, Renee