Friday, December 5, 2008

Fun Changes at the Homestead


Our pantry is almost finished. Yay! Since it is now usable, I'm concerned it won't get a whole lot further. That's the way Ellison projects go. Utility far outclasses Beauty at this homefront.

So the goofy little quote on the door I attribute to the boys preferring my "JK" quote to all of the serious ones. One idea I had was the word "RIGHT" large instead of the WELCOME and then the words "Not who Is, but What is" across it. JB said, "No mom. I don't wan't something up there that makes me feel guilty all of the time." He thought "A Kitchen is Love in Search of a Belly" summed everything up quite nicely. Holly, the lady who owns Matilda's where I had the vinyl lettering made, convinced me it was so easy to change it, I may as well put what the boys wanted for a while. The whole thing was less than $10...I thought, "Hey, what's money anyoldways?"

The really crowded family room is my newest favorite change. I convinced Joey to take the TV out of our bedroom--then eliminate my very beloved dining room table (bummer)--and finally create a family room in its place. Well, choices have to be made in small spaces. I love it. I so much did Not want the treadmill in my bedroom again (or Joey's dear dearhead, for that matter...) I can't explain to you every way that it is wonderful but...anyway, I kinda like it. I have a family room outside of my bedroom...imagine that.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

*The Ranagan's* said...

I love all of your updates! It makes me smile. The quote rocks and works perfectly in that kitchen.

BJ Scott said...

Great pics... I love the door... It rocks... oh, my favorite shot has to be the Deer head with antlers... somehow even tho it doesn't quite match the decor it works.

Love ya
K.