Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Other Self... April Fools

Hi All...Ok, I'm here...and I'm not here ...but somehow my words still appear. "Crazy hacker blogger". I can't quite find the words to say how my life is going because...well someone already kinda did that for me. I surely do thank them. More than they can know.

Life is so full of good and special times. One thing I did forget to mention, however, the last time I wrote when I wasn't here was that Saturday, Delila and I were able to go to the General Young Women's meeting and listen to wonderful talks by all the General Young Women's Presidency and President Eyring. We were able to see President Monson, President Eyring, and President... (Ya right...you thought I was really going to attempt to spell it. So, I pronounce it "Ookdorf". I'll have to look it up, but I'm pretty certain that's not the right spelling.) .

Anyway, what I was going to say was that it was such a wonderful experience. The girls' choir from "Cache Valley" (Renee's area) was outstanding. Delila and I were especially amazed by the young woman who played the flute during one of their numbers. She played during the entire song flawlessly even while a huge camera was right up in her face. I said to Delila, "She must have had a lot of experience playing in front of a crowd." DeDe said, "I bet she hasn't played in front of the whole world before." It was so impressive to see in person.

Delila was also particularly touched by the people who were hearing impaired sitting just a few rows in front of us. Actually, instead of having someone do American Sign Language live, they were on a big screen TV. Another one was set up right next to it, also a big screen, with the closed caption turned on. I'm always touched to realize the thoughtfulness and precision that must be involved in presenting general conferences; not only are they thinking of broadcasting by satallite to millions of young women, mothers and leaders around the world, but also they're concerned about the 10 or 15 hearing impaired who come to the conference center to listen. Wow. So many things I could share, because I really was moved by it all. Delila pointed out to me after about half an hour into conference how the whole center was completely filled...it was something I can't even describe...to know that so many had come... and yet so many more were listening from other places all around our great big world. Wow.

And then, to top it all off, we parked across the street from the first apartment that mom lived in while she was in Salt Lake and walked right past it to the conference center. I was flooded with so many fond memories of mom on her mission. I was so thankful to have had mom here for that short time. It meant the world to me. She was my example of living the gospel to the fullest extent, of serving, giving of herself, loving others, and of continuing to learn new things through her entire life. Oh, how I do miss her!

It was a very special night and I thank Delila for her willingness to be with me. She has been my dear other female this last year. I can't imagine how it will all roll out next year with all three of my girls moved away. Life has a way of changing so drastically right in the middle of all the same old stuff. Crazy how that is.

So to end this current blog...that I'm pretty certain is my real true self... I have a little thought to share with you all. I was listening to this commercial the other day and I realized something of great value... One should probably never use the phrase "its the cutting edge" to describe advances in the medical world or dentistry... iiickkk ....

I don't know. Is it just me or what?

Love You All---

4 comments:

The Smiths said...

Ok, that is iickkk!! I am so glad you two got to go to conference. Alicia's boss scheduled her to work so her daughter (who works opposite Ali) could go sing at conference. At the last minute she tried to come up with some way to make it work but couldn't so we didn't get to go. It sounded like an amazing experience. I am so excited for Lacy and Jason, I was just reading their blogs about school to Brandon and he was really impressed too. Talk to you soon. Love you, Renee

Unknown said...

I'm so confused. But that is definitely iickkk! and either way, I'm glad you're blogging.

*The Ranagan's* said...

HAHA..I think Misty didn't get the whole "crazy blogger hacker" comment I left on your last entry....lol...figures...Anyway good to see you're on top of things! :D

BJ Scott said...

And that is what you get for waiting sooooooo loooooonnnggg to blogggg. We missed you, so someone had to take matters into their own hand.... hmmmm. Silly girls.

btw... I HATE THE TYPE THE CRAZY LETTERS YOU SEE THING!