Friday, August 17, 2007

Indio Resort and Knot's Water Park

I still haven't figured out that I should start at the end of my trip and work forward... Well I guess I do know that now...Let's see if I can remember next time. Indio is where we spent the last two days of our trip to California. We arrived on a Sunday, spent Monday at a waterpark and drove home on Tuesday. So we didn't stay long. You can see that these first pictures are all dusty gray. Well that is because at about 6:00 Sunday night the wind picked up and before long it was so dusty that you couldn't even see the mountains behind the resort. We wondered at first if it could be ocean fog this far inland, until Joey and I went on a walk to take these pictures. Although I don't love the area this is the fanciest resort we have been to. It was quite spectacular. I would have been happy to stay at the resort all day but we had promised the kids a Knot's... so Knot's it was.

You may notice that JB is conspicuously absent from our shots. He did not get to go on our trip because of a football camp he didn't think he could miss. He said that he never wanted to stay home again. I'm glad, because it wasn't the same without him. I had tried to talk him into coming but he was quite adamant. On our drive home we went way out of our way to see Hoover Dam. It was quite spectacular but we had been on the road far too long already. The kids were not impressed with the traffic at all. Still I find it incredible what man can accomplish. I wrote it down as one of the museums we would like to visit at a future date. As it was, there was no way we were stopping when we still had 6 hours till we would be home. . . So there you have it... That's our trip...from end to beginning somewhat. Crazy to only have 4 people on a family trip. Times are a changin'.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

BJ Scott said...

It looks like you had such a fun time. It really is too bad that JB didn't get to go along. I am sure he was sad. We were planning to go to the Galveston,Houston area to see some historic sites, NASA, and go to the beach. Of course now they are having Hurricanes, so that is pretty much out. Oh well, change of plans. Now we have to come up with another idea.

BJ Scott said...

Sorry I didn't get you called back this evening. Know I am thinking of you and I will try to get you tomorrow. Love ya bunches...you sis. ~K

BJ Scott said...

Okay... go to my blog, then click on the link to Natalie's blog (Misty's sister-in-law)... you have to see the blog she entered where another church posted on their outdoor sign for their followers not to pray about the Book of Mormon. CRAZY! That's how they get you???... Can you imagine?

BJ Scott said...

Sis... it time to give... what is happening in the Ellison family... oh that's right... I know wedding craziness... call me... I Love You!

BJ Scott said...

It has now officially been 11 days since your last post. I know you have nothing going on. I can't imagine why you have not updated....he he... Love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you for Jade's special day.

Unknown said...

Okay...We get it...Indio was nice. Wahoo...It's not like your swamped or anything. So why haven't you posted? hee hee...I'm so funny. I kill myself.