Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vast Ocean and Many Mini Horses

A day at the beach in Santa Barbara. Joey and I were a bit surprised that the kids didn't want to go any other time, but it was chilly and overcast on that part of the ocean most of the time. We did have fun for the little while we were there.

I think everyone enjoyed the short ride to the Quicksilver Miniature horse ranch. These horses are 26" and under. Pretty adorable...the little filly in the center was only six weeks old. Joey and I thought this could be quite an enjoyable retirement endeavor. The fillies sell from $4-6000 and the colts at about $2500 (or something like that). When you consider that they require a minimal amount of feed and sell for more than many full size horses...hmmm...it's a thought. This ranch was beautiful and immaculate. I loved it...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BJ Scott said...

I loved your pictures and updates. It is almost as if we got to come along. It looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful time. I know I sure missed hearing from you. The picture of the mini horses made me think of my neighbors. They have several they show and one is about ready to drop her baby. Always fun.
love you sis, ~K