Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nojoqui Falls...Almost Dry In August

It was a bit less awe inspiring than if gushing water had been falling from the top but still quite impressive in a peaceful way. I wanted to give you the feel of how tall the falls were. Although the picture above Joey was more close up, the two pictures together only barely overlap. Wish I could have gotten a little better perspective but these square pics can't do much in that regard. There were so many places in Santa Ynez valley (where Solvang is located) that are difficult to pronounce. This falls topped our list. I could think of a dozen ways to try and "mis-"pronounce it. Finally I gave up trying to come up with something reasonably foreign or Native and settled on NO JOKE EE... As you might have guessed...emphasis on "Joke". So what do you think the pronunciation is. After I've heard from everyone, I'll let you know. No cheating though. You can't look it up... or google it...or any such thing. Just let me know your best bet. Lacy if you remember...don't tell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: