Thursday, August 16, 2007

Solvang and Hearst Castle

Fun times in Solvang...Wish I had more pics. The 1914 Indian motorcycle that Joey is standing next to was bought by a
man about 1915 when his girlfriend was going off to college in another state. She decided she didn't like college and came home very soon after starting. The poor guy was apparently too afraid to mention to her that he had splurged on the motorcycle so he hid it in his barn and married his sweetheart. He forgot all about it after only putting about 700 miles on it. It was found in that same barn in 1976 when someone was looking for another item for the bicentennial celebration that year. I thought I needed a picture of the Danish motorcycle since we were in a Danish community. Although only neighbors with the Dutch, Solvang made me think of Grandma Walker. I'd love to take her there.

Here is the start of my Hearst Castle extravaganza of pictures. I have not much to tell...but oh my goodness...Wow!

The oldest artifact at Hearst Castle is in this collage. Can you guess what it is? I'm sure I can give it away by saying that it is from
before Moses time or some insanely unbelievable thing like that. I know she mentioned Moses...can't remember if it was before or after.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BJ Scott said...

Okay this is grand, but could you imagine living here? Not me...too cold... not cozy at all. But it is quite lovely.